Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hell week

Edwin told me that the term 'hell week' is used to describe an activity he had in NS. It is the worst week of their NS life. They have to go through a lot of endurance tests and so on. For me, this week, or rather, next week is my hell week. First day of Promo today, had General paper and Chinese. Oh my gosh, sit down there for like 8 hours? Only got 1 hour break for us to eat lunch.

During GP, the teachers go on the air-con until so cold, then it triggered my sinus. So I kept sneezing non-stop and used a whole packet of tissue. My friends keep complaining I made a lot of noise until they cannot sleep. -.- I can't even concentrate, let alone sleep. Heartless people...

So I went home during the 1 hour break and ate 'ying qiao', for the relief of influenza. I was hesistant about it; that medicine would make me drowsy. Hai, I can't do my paper with all that sneezing anyway. So I popped 4 tablets into my mouth. And stupidly, I was hoping for some instant effect. Too bad...nothing happened.

I was like sneezing uncontrollably during Chinese, which was so embarrassing. Then, I unknowingly began to feel sleepy. I fell asleep while reading the passage. Not once, but thrice! I was on the brink of just giving up the paper and continue sleeping, but thought of the dire consequences and did otherwise. I already dislike Chinese, and the boring Chinese characters were soporific, making matters worse. Thank God I only, and hopefully have to take Chinese this year, unless I fail my A level.

Imagine my joy when the clock struck 4.15pm. I got out of the hall immediately. Finally, some warm air. The difference is just too explicit. It is like after playing a 2 hours Dota match, then you win, and you realised you're perspiring profusely, screaming/shouting at the top of your voice, jumping in the air, banging your head against the pillow, doing all kind of stuff, lol. Maybe it's just me...hahaha. I guess that seldom happen though, given that I'm still sane =).

Tomoro having Economics, I just studied for 15 minutes and realised nothing is getting into my head. There is like an iron curtain over it, which reminds me of Red Alert 3. If only someone can get me that for my birthday...hehe.

Next week

Monday-Maths
Thursday-Chemistry but I don't have to take
Friday-Physics.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be mugging days. No more Dota for this whole period. And it is going to be harder than I thought. Resisting Dota...Now I understand how difficult it is for smokers to quit their addiction. Ugh it would take utmost determination to quit Dota. Ok, better stop talking about Dota. The button is just right there, so tempting to click! AHHHHHH!!!!

So, I guess I'm gonna sleep. Haven't fully recover yet and I can't afford to take an exam I haven't even study for in this condition.

God save me, help me, heal me, bless me, do whatever you want to me. Anything would suffice.

Sneezing king,
Astarmist