Monday, March 16, 2009

YES IT IS FINALLY THE HOLIDAYS!!!

I've been waiting for this moment for the past 76 days! Woot I'm can go back to my usual sleeping late at night again =D It is sort of inculcated in me to be a little bit nocturnal. After all, I'm from the best camping school in the whole of Singapore-JJC. Yup I'm know I'm biased and I'm not ashamed of it. My record of having 15 camps so far proves it. ^^

List of camps I went to (in order of the earliest):

1. 08 orientation camp
2. JAE camp
3. CDAYL camp
4. West zone FAC camp
5. West zone Line camp
6. EG camp
7. E-club camp
8. CSL camp
9. Bannister camp
10. West zone Prep camp
11. West zone camp 2
12. Leaders' development camp
13. OGL training camp
14. 09 orientation camp
15. J2 house camp

And of course, being a camper/OGL means sleeping late at night. I know I'm a sadist, but one reason why I love camps so much is cause I can get to sleep late at night, lol.

Anyway, the start of the holidays had been terrific!

Went Sentosa on saturday to play sentosa raiders. I was in team 27 and CC was my team leader. Intially we were on the right track, then got stuck on the 2nd station. Didn't know we had to cross the bridge to the other station. Then I was in charge of taking photos for my team. Then when I searched my pocket, I got a shock of my life. My handphone was missing! Wah, I was stunned for 5 seconds (Potm arrow with 1.5k range) and CC was like 'Gary you don't scared me hor, not funny.' Cause everything I said I lost something it would actually be in my bag or somewhere else. But this time, it wasn't!

I got so scared, cause the phone quite exp, then my father got it for me as an incentive. Furthermore, losing it will only bring more trouble. I already lost it once, and it was through God's grace a total stranger found it and returned to me, from the other side of Singapore-Bedok.

So CC called my phone and THANK GOD SOMEONE PICKED IT UP! CC told me audrey picked up my phone, and she will pass me back later. Thanks audrey, wherever you are; my most sincere gratitude to you. =)

After Sentosa raiders, went to service and I served. Woot can be a runner for the whole of west. Actually I prefer to be overseeing the whole zone than just one part of it. More challenging, but at least you know where the empty seats are. Cause I got a case where my seats were filled by another person, then the person never tell me, then no more seats left. Then I felt so guilty, lol.

But, the best part of the service was the sermon. I just love his usage of English Language. How he pharses his sentences and uses the appropriate words to make his life story so engaging. Was exhausted but listening to him just invigorates me. Makes me realise how important languages are, other than math and science. Afterall, the bible is in English(and of course other languages), not math and science. Hmm, I must really read more books and newspaper. I wanna get an A/B for my 'A' level GP!

Sadly, the holidays isn't really considered a holiday for me. I'm free only on wednesday for the whole day. But, at least I got something to do during the holidays, not wasting my time slacking, haha.

Oh shucks, I haven't done my nitrogen deriatives tutorial and tomorrow have chemistry lessons. Ahhh, Jia You Gary!! Self motivation rawks! =P

Astarmist