Superfluous rewards
Many times in life, whether we realised it or not, we are motivated by external factors to accomplish a task. Motivation comes in two form-intrinsic motivation and extrinsic motivation. As the names suggest, intrinsic motivation comes from the inside of us, which is also known as self-motivation. This reminds of me of school's motto 'SDSM'. Extrinsic motivation comes from the external environment.
Example of intrinsic motivation: I want to do well for my exams because I love to study! I love maths!!! (Of course this applies to me as well =D)
Example of extrinsic motivation: I want to get straight As for all my subjects so that my mother will buy me a PSP!!!
Personally, I believe in intrinsic motivation and I'm an intrinsically motivated person =). Everything that I do, I do it because I want to. I mean, if you don't do the best you can, then why bother doing it at all? Waste time and money and energy only.
Went to shot2fame audition last sunday and it was fun! Although our band had a minor mistake, that thankfully wasn't that obvious as said by Edwin and the rest of my cg members, but overall I enjoyed myself.
I know I'm being retarded, but I seriously hope we won't get in, lol. There are other bands that are so much better than us. The best band will always leave an impression in your mind. And the best band I know of so far is Daniel Ang's band. Wow I love their song by Paramore, 'That's why you get'. I was still singing it in school then my classmate said 'nice song, I listened to it on the radio before'. Lol!
So I still don't know why there is a need for prizes for the event. I mean, isn't the prize obvious enough? 'A shot to fame'. Fame should be a reasonable prize, lol. But I know, not everyone hungers for fame. I reckon if it was 'A shot to success', everyone will join, lol! Just kidding, haha. That is too ambiguous; different people have different definition of success.
I have been blog-surfing the past few days due to boredom. Playing Dota makes me bored sometimes too. Found out that there are some connection between some people, even though they are not from the same CG. Maybe I should start making friends from other CG too, like what Edwin said quite some time back then, lol. This whole 'shot2fame' event is really a good opportunity to know more people. I hope that all the new friends will be intergrated too. Then it will be killing 3 birds with one stone. Why 3? Hahaha, go figure out. =P
Lesson of the day: Purpose precedes prizes