3 decisions that will change my life
I'm under tremendous stress right now. I have to make 3 decisions, that are totally mutually exclusive and at their extreme ends. I shall talk about the lightest one first.
1. Being an OGL for orientation camp 09
It is not much of a choice, cause I am by default a JJ student leader and it is somewhat compulsory for us to be an OGL. Of course, there will be an interview as usual, which will be tomoro 3pm. To be an OGL, I have to attend a leaders' development camp from 17 oct-19 oct next week, meaning I have to skip either service or CG. I tried to bargain my way out, but could only get myself free on friday and sunday. Friday I told the teacher that I got outside event-EDGE and sunday I got band competition. If I mention that they are church events, they will surely ask me to skip, cause I tried that before. Why are the people so prejudiced against christians? Why are muslims allowed to skip the camp on friday because they have to go mosque, but we can't do so because we got church? Don't tell me that they have special privileges? That is so unfair. So I'm going to be super super super busy during the holidays.
2. Struggle between I&R and OP.
I&R and OP are project work terms. It stands for 'Insight and reviews' and 'Oral presentation' respectively. Right now, I only got 2 weeks to the dead line of both of them. I&R is individual work, while OP is group work. If I do either one, I wouldn't have time for the other. Furthermore, the camp mentioned above is going to eat my time again. Don't think I will do well for PW this time...
3. Dilemma between choice of H3 subjects-Maths or Chemistry?
Thank God for his grace, I've been offered to do H3 chemistry and maths. H3 subjects are super tough and it is something like higher chinese relative to chinese, in a JC standard though. Only 5 people in my class are eligible, and none of them want to sign up -.-. The teacher warned us about taking H3, that it is only useful for scholarship but not for Uni admission. That means, if you can't secure straight As for the rest of your subjects, you can forget it. Of course, we can only choose one...
By doing so, we must attend afternoon lessons at Hwa Chong Institution, and sit for exams. And obviously, taking H3 subject means fighting with people from Raffles and Hwa Chong, people who can get straight As with a snap of their fingers. It will be a good exposure, in an optimistic view. However, we will be slaughtered mercilessly. If we take the subject and decide to drop it later on, it will be reflected as an 'X' on the certicifate. Very unslightly and bad for our portfolio. My parents encouraged me to try it out, and I guess the only factor left for my decision is my Civics tutor, cause I need to get his recommendation, same goes for all the applicants.
If only I have the gift of seeing into the future, then I will know which decisions to make. Alas, if we are able to do so, then life will be boring. No surprises, no blessings in disguise, no panic (I could use some occasionally) and no future. The future will be the present. But saying this, it is a little contridicting, if 'foresight-ing' is possible. Our past determines our present, and our present determines our future. So, will I have a future?
Only God knows,
Astarmist