Moments into Memories, Memories we'll relieve
Oh man, it has been such a long time since I last posted. Can see many cobwebs lying around in my blog lers. I was too busy last week to post, with wed-sat in school camp and sun in church. I was too tired to post by the time I reached home on sun night. Ok, enough of my excuses...
1st week of school in summary: A brand new environment, brand new people, brand new route to school, brand new phase of my life, brand new me.
1st day of school: I was really enthusiastic for school to start and woke up very early, around 5.30am when I was supposed to reach school by 7am and it is approximately 10 mins walk away. Started walking to school at 6.17am and reached school by 6.30am. Met up with my classmates near the entrance of JJC. Then went to the school canteen to chat, etc. Then some people in green, presumely the OGLs( Orientation Group Leader) ushered us into the school hall.
At last, air-con, when I needed it the most. There were 30 OGs( Orientation Group) assembled in the hall. Then I went to my OG, which was OG23. Only one of my friends was in the same OG as me. So we went together and sat together. Our family was family 5 and the family colour was green.
At first, I dunno why I suddenly become very shy and don't want to talk to anyone except my friend. Everyone was giving me the 'this is not my top choice JC. I didn't study for prelims so I ended up here. Don't waste your time talking to me' look.
I also had that mentality at first, cause AJC was my 1st choice and I only needed 1 more point to get in, which was quite pitiful, T.T. Then no one talked to me during the first day of school in my OG, lol. And I also never take the initiative, which I should have. But nevermind, every cloud has a silver lining =).
1st day of camp: Came to school at 6.30am. Do all the subject registration and orientation camp officially began. Played some ice breaker games like whacko. Then had water games from 10am-12pm. Then had lunch and mass dance. Oh man, I really didn't like mass dance. We had to partner boy-girl and dance together, which includes holding of hands, twisting your partner, etc. For me, and many other I guess, it was probably the most awkward moment of the camp.
Then I act smart. I told my OGL I stomach ache, need to go to the toliet. Then he told me that he will accompany me. Uh no, mission failed. Actually I want to go hide some corner and come back after mass dance is over 1. Then in the end, partner with 1 female OGL. At least not so awkward. Then she asked me, '' Partner with me not shy, partner with your schoolmates shy?' Then I dotdotdot( nothing to say ). After that, we had dinner and night games. But the night games very short 1, less than 20 mins. Then the last event of Day 1 was the singing session.
This was probably the best event of the camp for me, cause I love music. But, before I know it, we had to stand boy-girl-boy-girl style in the lecture theatre(LT). It is like an auditorium, but a bit smaller only. Then the girls all very initiative, but I also got move, cause I know if I don't move first, eventually will end up with all those people who are not interested too.
Then we had to put our hands over the shoulders of our partners. At this moment, there was a huge commotion in the LT. But I have done it a lot of times le, so quite used to it. Then sang many friendship-love songs that are very mushy. Then the teacher-in-charge keep asking us to look at our partner eyes. Very hard to do that leh...what if something happens?...
But honestly, it was weird...got this seemingly good feeling when I put my shoulders over my partners and sang the songs together. I can't explain it using maths and science...hmm. After that, we went back to our bunk and slept.
Day 2: Ok, nothing much to share. Why? I fell sick and slept from 12pm-7pm. Period. Got headache and sinustis. Cant play the water games, which was from 1pm-5.30pm. So went to rest at the command centre. Then from 7pm-10pm, we had this event called JJ nite. It was supposed to be the most memorable and significant event of the whole camp. Got OGLs performance, mass dancing, song singing. Dun want to elaborate more, if not it will be a spoiler for those going JJ next time.
Day 3: Last day of the camp. Finally got people talking to each other le, including me. Then we had bonding sessions together. Then went to assembly in the hall at 12pm. Then the teacher in charge of the camp, Mr Chua, gave a very long talk, very touching one. Talk about appreciating our parents, our OGLs and everyone around us. Then sang this song, which I will never forget: We remember(Tonight). You can't find it on the internet cause it was written by the seniors.
Then a lot of people cried, including some OGLs. Then my OGLs, Justin and Zhi Sheng, gave all of us presents. It is a bottle containing a note, 2 sweets and an candle. Then we thanked all of our OGLs and bid farewell.
Whew, that sums up the 1st week of JC life. Finally able to get it off my chest.
Have to sleep now, if not tomoro fall asleep in LT5.
Good night all ^^