Monday, January 21, 2008

The light before the dawn, the dawn of truth

Ok, seems like there is a pattern in my posts. Yup, I am posting only once per week. Why? Don't ask me, cause I don't have the answer to your question all the time, especially this...Basically, I am quite busy these few days.( Now this is an opinion, not an answer).

But don't worry, I'm managing quite fine and definitely, I treasure weekends more than I have ever done so. Being able to go to Cell Group and Church is a privilege; some people in other parts of the world never even heard of the gospel before. So, thanks for the great friendship I have with everyone in CG and church, and I know words cannot express my gratitude fully.

This week is probably a memorable week. I am now a group leader overseeing group B. Under me are Rosalyn, Jenny, Ze xian, Ryan, Hui Wen and Eric. Some of them weren't informed yet, due to their absence during the CG. Thank God for placing us together in the same group. Romans 8:28 says that everything will work out for the good of God for those who love him. Simply put, everything we do is either a 'God-sent' or a 'God-used'. So even if we are going through tough times, he is using it to shape us and make us stronger. So hopefully, I will emerge stronger, bolder, sharper as a leader.

After CG, went to play badminton at Jurong West Sport Complex. It was certainly enjoyable as badminton is one of my niche areas. After we left the complex, I went back home and bath, change, etc. Then went to watch 'One Missed Call' with Hui Wen and Alfred. At first, I didn't know what the movie genre was and was clearly not very interested. Then I found out it was a horror movie by looking at the seemingly scary poster outside the cinema. Then I thought, ''Hmm, not bad, got kick.'' Lol! Then Hui Wen and Alfred keep covering their eyes, and I keep teasing them. ''There, the ghost going appear le, going to BOO infront of you! =P'' I had a great time, wahahaha. Then they say not scary meh, I said 'no kick la, I watched scarier movies before'. So thats about it.

Sunday

Woke up at 7.30am to go usher. This week, all the WYZ zone leaders gone for meeting, so all the helpers have to give de-breifing. Edwin asked me to give actually but my team I/c ask me to carry the trolley to transport the bulletins to B2. So in the end, angel gave. I didn't know what she said, but I missed the opportunity to try, aww.
Went home and I went to sleep, too exhausted already.

Then when I woke up, my father was like giving me the 'I'm afraid you have made a terrible mistake' look. He told me my hand phone bills exploded again. Yea, i think around 119 dollars. Haha...1st time since I got a handphone. Then I told him need to use handphone more often, cause now need to call members in my group, send sms, etc. Then I asked him if incoming calls free, he said ya, and I said cannot be, I never make so many dialled calls, only sms. Then he called singtel and found out the horrible truth. For my previous plan, he had to pay for incoming calls, and only 250 sms per month. He immediately changed the plan. Currently, incoming calls are free and 500 sms per month. Hmm, that sounds much better =).

Lastly, I'm going to receive my O level results this thursday, 24/01/2008, 2 p.m. Do pray for me to get good results, which is a single digit, lol. If cannot get then nvm, I will be more than happy to stay in JJC. Sort of have the sense of belonging already, after a mere three weeks. No stress, fun but a bit busy life in school. But I'm enjoying myself ^^. After all, it doesn't matter which institution you go to, be it the ITE, Polytechnic or JC. As long as you do your best there, and do yourself and God justice, everything's gonna be alright. Know that you have a purpose for being there, and it is not a coincidence; it is for a significant reason.

All the best for those taking O level results! =D