Sunday, June 29, 2008

Is money good or evil?

Was taking bus 99 home with rachel after service. Chatted for a while before I said I need lots and lots of money to buy all the things that I want. Then she told me that money is evil. Well, I gave a politically correct, impromptu answer at that time-Money isn't evil, it is both good and evil.

I shall use the analogy of water in general to support my answer. Water can help float a boat, yet sink it at the same time. You can look at almost everything from a different perspective in life. Most people think that a coin only has heads or tails. But, have you ever seen a coin standing straight on the tip? I have. You do know it is possible too, but it depends on the situation.

But my answer wasn't complete. Money isn't both good and evil. Money is either good or evil. If you place money into the hands of a decent, honest chap, it will be 'good' money. Conversly speaking, if you allow money to fall into the hands of the wicked, it will be 'evil' money. So, the 'characteristics' of money is only decided by the character of its owner. God also said that either you worship money or worship him too. You can't worship both. Its quite impossible; theoretically you can, but if you worship one, you won't want to worship the other.

Have you made money evil or good with your actions? Hmm...the answer lies within yourself.

Oh well, enough of all these philosophical reasonings, lol. Let me see what I can spend with money. =D

Tithe (Of course, this is the first thing you should always do with money.)

Ok this are the things that I was talking about to buy.

1) GT9600 graphic card- >$300
2) Razor Copperhead (It is a gaming mouse fyi)-$99
3) PSP-~$200-300+
4) Razor Mantis/Everglidetitan mousepad-$42/$38
5) A keyboard (not the computer keyboard -.-)-~$999
6) Razor Tarantula (now this is a computer keyboard...)-$145
7) Food!!!!-$50 per day muwahahahaha. I'm not weak!!
8) Clothes-~$300 anywhere~
9) A brand new gaming computer from HP- To be confirmed (Tbc)
10) Mountain bike- ~$150
11) A digital watch with double timing function- Tbc
12) New spectacles and lenses- ~$150
13) Assignment books (Maths and sciences! ^^)- ~$100
14) TCZ21 volume 29-40- $88,
15) New schoolbag- Tbc
16) At least 2 pairs of shoes- Tbc
17) New handphone-Tbc
18) A pair of earphones-$<40

Ok it took me 23 mins to think of all these things. I think this should be all, unless I grow other and have more wants. Now after calculating all these, I need a total of:

$2621+$50 everyday and still have 5 tbc!!!

Gosh, I will never ever get to buy all these stuff. Haix...now you understand why I need so much money?

Thank God the most precious thing of all is free-Salvation. How can you buy it? Lol. Actually in life, most things that people want are also priceless. Examples include happiness, romance, friendship, sense of belonging, spirtuality, etc.
I also can't gurantee that I will be happy after buying the above things mentioned. But I do know, I'm happy now even without all those things. The joy of the Lord is my strength. =)

Lastly, I have a crush on someone that someone already knows. Haven't told anyone before; it was revealed through an exchange of trust. Yea, we had to trust each other to do so. Won't reveal who is that someone as I promised. Lol, I must say, the person enjoys keeping other people in suspense.

I hope I am old enough to have a crush on someone. Is it legal btw? =X, lol! I go study lor. Get the joke? Haha.

Signing off,
Astarmist



lor is pronounced as law. =P