Sunday, June 15, 2008

Recollection


Ok I'm gonna write about the youth camp lest I forget all about it.


Day 1


Woke up at 7am and gave morning call to hui wen, pat and alfred. They were already awake and prepared to set off. As for me, I still haven't pack my stuff completely yet and took a taxi down as I was carrying Edwin's guitar and my bags.


Reached the campsite at approximately 8.30am and went to put my stuff together with the people from my house, Gideon. Then, Alwin and Xin yi, my team leader and asst. team leader respectively, greeted me. After much admin work, we did some ice breakers and cheering. Then played some games and we went to our bunk to put our stuff. After that, we had lunch before heading off to the games site. The scenery is really magnificant. I did take some photos but don't have the phone cable, thus unable to upload any photos. Sad...


Then we played the games and we won 5 games in a row! Woo, my team people are all hiong sia. Lolx. Edwin's game was the most 'memorable'. Sustained lots of cut and, itchness from his station. But I got to admit, his station is the most fun compared to the rest that we played.


Then we were dismissed to wash up/rehearse for the drama later on. As musos, we were allowed to wash up first and have quick dinner before proceeding to Salvation Army. After our practice, the people began to fill the seats and before long, the session started. We kick start with the camp theme song-All things new. It was good, everything went smoothly and I think we did well for praise and worship. Then after worship, the keyboard was spoilt and no sound was heard. So Edwin played the guitar for Kelvin Tan during sermon. Went to check out whats wrong with the keyboard but to no avail. Oh well, technical faults do happen at times. Overall, the first session was great ^^.

Went to the canteen to do my quiet time and it was 12.20am when they told us to rest. But, I didn't want to go to the bunk so I slept on the table, lol! Then woke up like around 2am. Then xuemin said we will be going for the night walk. Ooo...I expected it already, haha. Night walk was fun, cause I used torchlight from my hp! Wahahahah =P. Managed to catch up with the group ahead of us.


After the debrief, we went back to the bunk and sleeping was too easy. Don't even need to count sheeps. Just 30 seconds and I'm knocked out.

Day 2

Woke up 6.30am and prepared to go for band practise again at Salvation Army. This time really sleepy already, and got 2 new songs that pastor wants us to play. So we went early to practise and time really flies. Didn't manage to figure out the chords and the people were already flocking in like swarms of locust. This time must really depend on the Holy Spirit.

Thank God, everything went smoothly and the flow was there till the worship song 'First Love'. Pastor was like signalling us to change song but we didn't. Come to think of it, I was so engrossed in playing the songs I didn't even notice that...

Then I made a fatal mistake. I left the stage with the rest of the band but I didn't know pastor want me to stay to play. So halfway walking, Edwin asked me to go back to play. It was quite embarrassing and I hope Pastor isn't angry with me. So sorry Pastor T.T.

After the session, we had lunch and played some games after that. Didn't participate in the games as I didn't change out of my jeans cause I can't play water games. Aww, missed a time of team building. Furthermore, Pin De was bleeding profusely and I attended to him. The blood kept flowing like nobody's business and alcohol was applied to his fingers. Oww, that must have hurt. God pls heal Pin De...

After games, we were allowed to wash up but I didn't do so due to lack of time. Just changed into my Haute Couture attire and got ready to leave for our destination. The bus arrived and we got on. This is my favourite time of the moment: Sleeping time! Yea...knocked out as expected and we reached Cattage plaza in a blink of an eye (I don't know if I even blinked my eye; it was shut all along, lol).

Saw many people dressed very unique. The men looked dashing and the ladies were gorgeous. As for me, I haven't grasped the true essence of LA streetwear and thus, didn't manage to dress appropriately for the occasion. Not to mention lacking the finance to buy such expensive clothes. Sheesh...

Hatue coutre was the main event of the whole camp and we had beauty pageant and manhunt. Not going into details for this part, or else it will be too long. Just wanna congrats all the winners, Jodie for the best smile award and Wei Sheng for 1st runner up.

After Haute Couture, we went back to the campsite and I went to the canteen to do my quiet time. Was really tired and almost fell asleep. Thank God for your strength and grace to carry me through. After my quiet time, went to pray together with Pin De for the band and session tomoro and after that, went to chat together with Alwin and the rest of the people from Gideon.

Went to sleep at 2am. Once again, sleeping was too easy to be true. Lalala...poof. I'm in dreamland already.

Day 3

Last day of camp. Woke up at 6.30am and got ready to take cab with the leaders, musos, bvs and chorus board to Jurong West for our session. At first, we wanted to use the children church but the tetiary group was using it. So we had to use the chinese church hall instead. Oh no, I don't know how to use the keyboard there...must adapt fast. At least the keyboard was audible, compared to the one at Salvation Army. It was too audible already. Praise was still alright as the other instruments covered my music. But during worship, I just spoilt the song 'Hati Hamba'. Didn't have time to practise the song and worse still, I don't know how the song goes. So, I don't know when to change chords. Gosh...it was really bad. Really let the whole band down. I'm so so so sorry....

At least for altar call, we had some practice and it went well. But I still take take the worship laying down. How I wish I can reverse time and play it well again. Oh well, what's done is done. Gary, take it as a lesson learnt. Grow from your failure. Like what Wei Sheng said, failure is needed sometimes for your own growth. Without failure, how can we learn from our mistakes? Yea...I will engraved it in my heart, this lesson that I have learnt the hard way.

Took some photos after the session and we break camp. What can I say? Marvalleous camp, totally made me 'Stronger' as I stepped out of my comfort zone plenty of times. Looking forward to the next camp. Who knows, maybe for the next camp, another batch of musos will be playing. Yea, rise up people and serve God with your talents. It will be a totally awesome experience and I don't mind doing it again and again and again.

Once again, I would like to thank the people who planned the camp and everyone who made the camp what it is. This 3 days 2 nights camp is really worth more than $25. It is priceless. To me that is.

Signing off,

Astarmist

P.S: Happy Father's Day! Daddy I love you! =)