Being yourself
It is hard to believe that half of the week has already passed. I must say, that there have been many transitions in this week alone. For a start, I received my timetable on monday and was utterly disappointed to discover that there are no 1-hour breaks at all. Only got 30 mins break and number of lessons has slightly increased. To think that I was complaining about my previous timetable and grew envious of other classes' timetable (especially the art class people, they end school so early...totally incredulous).
Oh well, I do know the reason for all these. Exams are nearing, which also implies, mugging time. Ok, now I know exactly how sick I was in the past. 'I love to study' suddenly seems distant and unfamiliar to me. On the contrary, I enjoy teaching people, especially maths =D; but to do so, I must first study well. Oh, what an irony...
Ok, enough of studies...I had my school's prayer meeting on tuesday in LT3. There were only 2 (Wei yang and I) so we met at the leaders' board before setting off to look for a vacant classroom. At first, went up to the 3rd storey but there was a student coucilor there. Then, went to the classroom block to search. There were many vacant classroom, but then I suddenly suggested to go to LT3 cause there was a piano there. Thank God, LT3 was empty. So we switched on the lights and fans and I started to play the piano. Then we had a power house instead of a prayer meeting, lol. Holy spirit is really creative. Wei yang had to meet Mr.leow at 7, so before he left, I ended with a prayer. Really good prayer meeting man, hope that it will grow and the whole LT3 will be occupied. If that is the case, wow...that will be like 200 people! So cool...
Ok, now back to the main topic. Being a christian in school is really a challenge. We can't succumb to circumstances and have to be positive and friendly. Really difficult, especially today. Slept at 3.45am yesterday, then woke up like 6am. Waking up was a struggle, not to mention surviving through the torturous ordeals of school. Had PC in the morning, and I didn't bring my PE shorts. So I slept in one corner for 1 solid hour, woot. Then had 30 minutes break. Went to the library's sofa to sleep. Very comfortable, within 1 minute I fell asleep. Then when I woke up, saw my watch and was literally stunned. Chinese lesson start at 9.30 and it was a clear 10.22 on my watch. I just sat there blankly and was at a total lost. It is my first time missing lessons, and I was really scared initially. Then I told myself to calm down and just go for the next lesson. Indeed, my classmates started questioning me and laughed when I told them I overslept in the library...O.o. Then lessons went on as usual and I told the teacher that I overslept and apologised. Lol, was quite amazed that he didn't scold me. Just told me not to repeat it again.
Just hope that I will not create a pseudo self during school, but be the real me. Yet, even though the real me isn't perfect, I hope to better myself and just be a servant to everyone I meet. It is just the first week of school, only God knows what will happen for the remaining year. Hopefully I will do well in my studies, be a soul-winner and prosper in my spirit, soul and body.
Yup, looking forward to a bright future. =)
Signing off,
Astarmist
Sharing secrets with someone else feels so good.