Friday, December 28, 2007

Recollections

Breakaway Youth Camp-Day 2 and 3

I'm so sorry everyone! I realised that I haven post anything about the breakaway camp like I promised 'nong nong ago'.

Since it has been quite a while after the camp, I doubt I can remember all the details. Thus, I will post all those memorable moments.

Day 2

Woke up at 6.30am, with the help of my faithful handphone's alarm ^^. Most of my bunkmates are still soundly asleep, and dawn has not broken forth yet. And I took out my toothbrush, paste, towel and walked automatically to the toliet; been trained to do so since young. I realised how peaceful and solemn the whole school is in the morning. So melancholic, making me fall in love with the school instantly.

And then breakfast. Yay, I love food. Always let the sister and members go 1st, then I go. Cause I dun like queuing up, and I'm not hungry till the point of doing so =p. Then Edwin always one corner doing some camp stuffs, 1st day is cut trash bags. He said he need 500 scissors!!! Oh man, how to find so many? In the end, only got 1 from Wei Ren -.-. But its better than nothing. And of course, the blindfold is for the night activity.

Then 2nd day he spent time fellowshiping with us, amidst his business. All the ex-W146 and W453 came together. Nothing beats eating with your fellow friends together ^^. Then after breakfast, went to audi for session. This time, it was brother Eric preaching. He is quite humorous and relevant too. Esp the part on 'The boy sms to the girl: ''Good nite, dun let the bed bugs bite.'' The whole audi was roaring with laughter.

After that, we had scavenger hunt. Ok, by now, I'm already feeling really really sick. I ate some medicine b4 the session and the effect of it was making me giddy. Still, I ran along with my team and played the scavenger hunt. Cannot let the team to have low morale. Must rar rar with them. lol. Then, we only need ONE more piece(reminds me of one piece) to complete. Someone took ours, I suspect its paladin. Then we also took priest 2 piece. Sry priest 2, people took our piece 1st, we had no choice.

After that, suppose to play waterbomb game again, but it started raining. Woo, so cooling. Good timing too, esp. when everyone was perspiring profusely after the activities. So the houses went to practise for the items during campfire. I didnt participate, afraid will fall sick later on.

Knight was doing drama, and it was about Wei Ren's life. Actually, Edwin and Wei Ren commented that it was not very good, cause didn't portray the knight spirit, but only Wei Ren. It is like the whole house is based on one person only-Wei Ren. Oh well, we didn't have much time planning it anyway. Overall quite good to me, its the effort that counts.

After the planning, we went down for dinner cum campfire. Yay, knights turn to serve the people food. I dunno why, but I just love serving people. I did both shifts cause I'm wasnt hungry, but still ate in the end cause Cindy asked me to eat. Dun want to make her worry.

Then everyone assembled for the campfire, but I'm still inside. Don't really like campfires, very hot and noisy, lol. Same as Jiray. But I'm adaptable =). Came in and went to sit infront. Then later sang some campfire songs and did the dance. Very very very very very to the power of infinity AWKWARD moment. They asked us to pair boy-girl-boy-girl and evidently, many were reluctant to do so. 2 rows nv do I think. Then I'm like...ok...it is just for the fun...no harm right...haha...but...hmm...oh well...better do and get over it...

Then after that, everyone went to the audi, but a few of us stayed back to clear up the place. Alvin, Lennard and me stayed together and being to pick up the rubbish. Bleachx, so much wasted food, how come like this?? Why people don't treasure the food? Don't they know that millions are dying of starvation in South Africa? Why....?? Perhaps they don't...?

Then we entered the audi by the back door and well, it was already Ninja's drama. Missed 2 houses I think. Thankfully, never miss own house's drama. Lol, most of the drama team all do altar call scene, hilarious =D. I think Pastor must be at a lost, later he give altar call the new friends will not be serious.

Then sang 'O holy night' in candlelit style. Cool. After that, pastor preached and gave altar call. Then everyone went to bath. Surprisingly, most of the people are still awake, but all scattered. Some were in the canteen, some were in the bunk and many were still bathing. I bathed at around 1am, to avoid the queuing. Then went to the canteen to grab some food. And went to play the piano. W388 people were there too and then I played songs like 'Hide me now', 'Come to the Father', 'I want to sing', etc. Not bad leh, in that small place, still can have presence of God. This shows that God is omnipresent.

Ok, skip skip skip, too long le. Went to sleep at 2.30am. Heard that CC and the rest slp at 5+ am. Imba people...

Day 3(at last)

Woke up at 6.30 am again. and blah blah blah. Haha. Then ate breakfast with Siu Jin they all. And...I'm feeling better already, but the sore throat still there. Rawr...so low de, so pain de, but it is all worth it. Then went to audi for the final session with sister Yi Lun. Her preaching also very dynamic. And man! I just like the song raindown. Will make the whole audi jump de, haha. Then worship was also very good. Knelt down again and presence of God just flowed.

Then after the session, went back bunk to pack up our stuffs. I volunteered to clean the classroom. Then Jasper thanked me for the help. Thanks Jasper, you are really encouraging and deserved to be best male camper =). Really glad to be in your team for 3 whole days, and to be working together with you as an IC. Learned that being a leader means being a servant, and the people always come first, even at our own expense, even if we were to fall sick, even if we were to sacrifice everything, at the end of the day, its not our will, but God's will to be done. Looking forward to be with you again for the next camp if it is possible.

Then, took the bus back to clementi. And ate at MAC. Oh gosh, I was so tired and I fell asleep. Hahax, woke up at 6pm at MAC. Then went home with Hui Wen. Went to lakeside cheers to buy starbucks coffee to revitalise myself. Then waited for 98 bus together with Hui Wen. Then after that, walked home. So tired, but so happy. So many memories.

This is not the end, but the start of something new. ( High school musical rox!)

Hope everyone has broken away and get ready for 2008, cause it is going to be a greater, powerful, busier no doubt, but a history-making, world-shaking year!


sorry for the slightly long post again =X