Wednesday, December 26, 2007

An end of something, A beginning of another

Hmm, why am I still blogging? Good question! I just cant get to sleep, despite waking up so early and going out till evening. Queer. Hmm, this shall be more of a reflection session, and a food for thought for all those who wandered here aimlessly. Heh, I'm a H.V.F.(Ask me personally what it means =p)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


'We hope you have enjoyed the service. Service has just ended, but the fellowship has just begun.'

Usually, after a phase in our life, a new chapter yet unfolds. It is just like a tributary, leading on to a river, and then a stream, a lake, the sea and finally to the vast ocean. Life is just going to move on, and if you don't move on, you get washed ashore.

Christmas is over, 2007 will soon be over, in a twinkle of an eye, slowly but surely. What have you achieved so far for the past 1 year? Achievements, are themselves ambigous. To ordinary old folks, being able to live happily in their haven is an achievement. To the businessmen, to be able to have 'one millon sales on Christmas Eve' is an achievement. Well, for the students, like me, to be able to get Straight As for our exams is an achievement. Saying this, I guess we all got lots of unrealised dreams, dont you? I'm not excluded as well.

Finishing O level is an achievement, and I thank God regardless of the results I will get in 1-2 months time. Going to Junior College is an achievement, be it the top 5 Jcs or the bottom 5 Jcs, as long as I have a chance to learn; Millions living in the rural areas of the world are unfortunately deprived of the opportunity to do so. Going to Jurong Junior College is an achievement, however how easy it may seem for others, for I come from a neighbourhood school and have done my very best. I have no regrets.

Seemingly, the places that I have been today keep making me recall the past.

Expo...when was the first time I took my first step on the floor? I was already an usher, but a young and inexperience one. Probably 7/12/2005. And no, I dun have such a good memory. I checked the events calendar on the church website =x. I remembered that I dun know how to smile and Sister Siu Zhen keep asking me to smile, but I cant. I remembered that my CG would always ask me to join them for service and fellowship, but I always sat alone and left immediatly after service. I remembered that I didn't have any friends at all! My best friend was myself, how pathetic, right?

Then, after Expo, went to Hong Kong cafe at Marina Square to eat very very late lunch( 5pm). Again, we were talking so happily among each other, with Edwin's countless lame jokes, Ahahahahahahah. I remembered that whenever I eat, it's as if the battle of armageddon is approaching. Silence prevails, and not a single word is uttered. And you will realise soon enough why this is so, cause I'm always eating alone.

Then the journey home on the MRT. Usually, this is the part of life that I dreaded the most. Everyone will either be asleep or busy playing with their PSP. I remembered that I often stayed at one corner and not mingle with my CG. I remembered how dead and lifeless I was, feigning to be tired just to escape conversations; being left alone was the only thought in my mind. Now, I chat with my members and realised that times like this are important time of fellowship, and not to be taken for granted.

Oh, all the times of reminisce, how much I have changed. Thank God for changing my life, that I do not need to live in the shadows of the past, but able to move on from glory to glory. God is the reason, He is my freedom. I experienced it, no one can veto it, and I'm loving it =).

Silent night, holy night. All is calm, all is bright. ' Be still, and know that I am God.' says the Lord. Just 5 more days to a brand new year. 360 days have passed. Thats 8640 hours/518400 minutes/31104000 seconds. Have you made every second count? Even if you didn't, fret not. 2008 is a leap year! And you have 31622400 seconds next year. Treasure every second wisely, for lost time cannot be purchased back.

Once again, I apologise for the slightly long post. Continue to tag my tagbox and I will be your friend. 'Come buy a candy from Aunty and I'll be your friend'. Aww, don't you just love the drama team? They are so irresistably cute, lol!

Signing off is none other than your one and only,
Karaoke Man!-Gary Neo =D

P.S.: I wanna act so badly...but I dun want to join the drama ministry. Is it possible?? O.o


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------