Lots of thoughts are flowing through my mind, must be the effect of the long holiday. So I decided to blog about something else(instead of dreams and desires) that I was thinking about when I was bathing. Kinda funny right? Lol.
Perspective
I was thinking about the people I once knew, since primary school till now. Some I can't remember, some left some vague form of impression while others became part of my life. Then I thought, "Why can't some people think like I think sometimes? If only they can read my mind."
Isn't it true that many misunderstandings, conflicts, unnecessary arguments, etc. can be avoided if we knew how each other think? It can be quite frustrating when I try to get across something, and it get misinterpreted into something that is totally different from what I intended to deliver.
Say for example(this is quite common, happens a lot in reality):
Person A is trying to tell Person B something and he shouts VERY LOUDLY. Person B thought that Person A is angry with him and he feels upset/emo/depressed/any negative emotions. But actually, to person A, in his perspective, it is his normal voice, wasn't loud at all. But, in person B's perspective, he thinks that person A is not happy with him.
May sound simple initially, but...
Misunderstanding-->Conflict--->Cold war---->Hatred---->Bitterness--->Vengeance--->Murder
See how something so little can become so serious? It is just like a matchstick, which can set one tree and eventually the whole forest on fire.
Perspective is so important, because it can cause something to be something it is not meant to be.
Yet another example, I came across on the internet.
The same item: A cup half-filled with water
To the optimist, it is a cup half full.
To the pessimist, it is a cup half empty.
To the opportunist, he can use the water and create an electrolytic cell.
To the realist, it is just a cup with water, nothing more, nothing less.
To the creative people, it can be made into a beautiful glass by decorating it.
To the blind, they can't see the cup so it doesn't make a difference.
And the list goes on...
Perspective is like seeing the world though a tainted pair of glasses. Reminds me when I was younger and I had a pair of orange goggles that I used for swimming. No matter what colour the objects outside may be, it will still appear orange when I put on my goggles.
And that is how dangerous perspective can be. If you always think that the person is against you, out to harm you, wants to kill and back stab you, no matter how many good things the person does to you, you'll still doubt him.
Even for me, sometimes I think to myself, I try so hard, only to realize my effort backfired on me. Is it really worth all the effort? I don't know, only God knows. Maybe I shouldn't try so hard, because doing so only suffocates you and make you worse. But if I don't do a thing, you won't change. So what should I do? I really don't know. My IQ is not 200, I'm just an average young teenager.
Don't know why, but it is especially during the holidays that I really wish I have a best friend. I don't know how many times for the past few weeks, I'm been lying on my bed doing nothing, just thinking. Thinking of going out, thinking of just talking heart to heart matters, just letting time fly past together, just being with someone that I feel comfortable with. I don't like to trouble other people, and that prevents me from telling anyone. Maybe I'm just having my post-A level syndrome.
5th Feb will come soon, all this feelings will go away.
Maybe even my feelings for her will fade too. Trying hard to forget about it now. I don't want to torture myself mentally during NS. Haix, alas I'm only human.