"You are required to report to Hendon's camp on 30/07/09 at 7.30am for Vocational Assessment."
Hendon Camp, home of the Commandos was officially inaugurated on 27 Jun 1993 by the then Chief of Defence Force, LG Ng Jui Ping. The opening of the camp was a grand affair, signifying the coming of age of an elite formation.
In other words, I've been selected to be assessed to be a commando.
When I received this letter from NS, I was like "Orh ok". Then when my brother told me "Omg, you know what does this mean?" I was like "Huh...? Of course not. I'm not even in the army." Then he said, "Hendon's camp is the camp for commandos." I was like stunned and said "Really, don't bluff me." Then he showed me the website and said "I've been in army for 2 years, of course I know more than you do."
Lol, my reaction was super epic. I turned to my mum and said, "Mummy, you can prepare for my funeral le." Hahahah! It was just a joke, cause I always thought that commandos are super xiong, then death rate super high. But my teachers proved me wrong. Didn't expect my physics, PC and PD-iC, Ex-student councilor teacher all to be commandos! Great advices they gave me. Now I can't wait to be one...lol! =)
Going to train myself(ran 2.4km yesterday) and keep fit.
Shall focus on these 3 reasons to be a commando:
1. Glory of red beret
2. High pay
3. Sky-diving
God please protect me from all harm.
Positive confession: I will emerge victorious!