Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm blogging cause I got bored of playing Starcraft 2, lol. Realized that after playing too much for quite some time, it gets a bit monotonous. Like the build order, it's exact the same thing. Just memory work. But still keep losing to all the pros out there, just like when I started playing Dota. But the addictive part is the campaign/achievements, the story plot is nice. The ending was quite expected, if one followed Starcraft closely. Sarah Kerrigan got restored back to human. But her hairstyle still remained the same as the zerg, it's really epic, lol. Hurray to the reunion of James and Sarah.

Got promoted to MM (ministry member) during service 2 days ago =). It's quite memorable, going to the front of the stage to 'sign my life' away, quoted from Edwin, lol. With higher levels, come greater devils. Have to fight lots of temptation, the most difficult one being the urge to curse and swear at the camp I'm living in, the people that are constantly attacking me for no apparent reason and at myself for making stupid mistakes that cause the sergeants to scold me/ give me extra/confinement/SOL/DB/anything bad. Argh..................................................................................!!!

We must really look on the bright side of life in order to live happily. Thank God for great friends, in camp and church alike. Although can't share lots of personal matters with my camp friends cause all we do is talk cock, lol. Been a long time since I had a heart-to-heart talk with someone. Thank God for Gouwei, talked about a lot of stuff that I haven't been willing to say. I really miss all those times our S&S clinque fellowship together. After CC and I went for NS, so many things changed. Change is the only constant in life. But sometimes, I really wish certain things remained the same.

October is coming soon, hopefully there will be another mass birthday celebration for S&S. This year got more $$ already, can go and eat even more expensive food, lol. If I'm not wrong, I should have a one week break from 11-15 October before flying off to Australia. Our CSM says that the drivers will have a very very tough time in Australia. Need to break tracks a lot of times, set up command post, etc. 3 words for myself, Just Do It.

440 more days to ORD. Ironically, I felt more motivated in commando than here. It's like it has been a long time since someone praised/thank me in camp, I sort of totally forgot how to appreciate/thank people as a result. The last time was probably during BMT, when I managed to hit 9 mins for my 2.4km run. My platoon mates congratulated me, and my sergeants smiled at me to affirm me too. But in here, everyday only listen to orders and get scolded like dogs. Life's like that, so must enjoy when we still can, lol.

Going to be a long week ahead, booking out on 30 sept. A lot of ppl like to wish me 'have fun in camp!' so I'm going to say that to myself too. Gary, have fun in camp! Lol =D