Saturday, April 21, 2012

Called to worship You

So blessed by Poh's session on Thursday on worship. He has such an anointing and presence of God whenever he plays the guitar. I think he is an inspiration to all worship leaders/musicians out there. :)

He talked about something that really touched me.

"Can one touch of God make a difference?"

Most of us will answer the politically correct answer-yes. But knowing that it can make a difference and experiencing it personally is two different matters.

I remembered the other day Pst Kim Hock was preaching and then he asked those who had fear of examinations to raise their hand. Then he said that coming to SOT will help them overcome their fear, and they don't need to be afraid, especially for those that are older and examinations are like decades before. For me, I didn't raise my hand cause I wasn't afraid of examinations. In fact, I was raised in an environment where examinations are commonplace and it was an additional bonus that I enjoyed studying. But it was memorizing that I didn't like.

Not only for God's word, but also for the experiences that we have with God. I'm born in a christian family, attended Sunday school since kinder-garden, but didn't know Jesus as my personal savior. Only accepted Christ in Primary 6 when I attended CHC in April and have been following God since then. Of course, with the 9 years of walking with God, there have been many experiences, encounters and moments with Him. But honestly speaking, if you ask me to list out all of them, I can remember barely half. But of all the experiences, the ones that I remembered are the times when either I was at the lower/lowest point of my life or when there was a breakthrough in my life, that "one-touch" from God when I needed Him the most.

I can still remember the first time I experienced God's presence when I stepped into CHC for the first time. At that time, I knew God existed cause that's what I learned from Sunday school. But it was just head knowledge. I didn't know God personally or as much as experience Him. But with that "one touch" from God I told myself that I'm going to stay in CHC and follow Him for the rest of my life.

Got reminded of this old song and I've been singing it everyday. For different seasons in my life, I will have a worship song. For this season, this is my worship song.

D Em E°/A
JUST ONE TOUCH
D A/C# Bm
JUST ONE TOUCH FROM HEAVEN
Em E°/A D Am D/F# 
OH... JESUS JUST ONE TOUCH
G A/G
IT'S FROM HEAVEN
D A/C# Bm
AND ALL I WANT IS YOU
Em 
JUST ONE TOUCH
E°/A D
JUST ONE TOUCH 



Note to self:

Gary, never ever forget your first love for God. How you loved to worship God and just enjoy His presence. One day when you are down and you feel like giving up, always look back and see how far you've come and how God has always been with you in your ups and downs in life. There may be a point of your life where everyone will forsake you; your family, your best friend, your good friends, your church friends and even your spouse in the future, but always remember that there will be someone who will never forsake you, for all the rest of your life. He is God and He loves you with an everlasting love.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”


So, one touch of God can definitely make a difference. I've been given the privilege to help usher in the presence of God as a keyboardist and the greatest joy that I can have, is that every time I play, the presence of God comes and He begins to touch the people, giving them their 'one-touch from heaven'.

Like what Poh said, I want to have both skills and spirituality. I want to always be humble and know that I'm never there yet, and that I will always depend on God when I'm playing. And when I play, I too get ministered and touched by God.

He said that for some Christians, after 4-5 years, worship becomes mechanical and a routine thing to them. Thank God that up till today, after 9 years, I still love worshiping God and I enjoy every single time I spend being in His presence. Kelvin once shared about callings in one of the zone meeting and he mentioned 7 different callings in our life. And one of it is being called to be a worshiper.

I'm called to be a worshiper of God.