Countdown to POP: 46 days
It's really true that time flies when you're having fun. During CNY, 4 days passed so quickly but from Tuesday to Saturday, everyday seems like eternity. But with each passing day means one day closer to freedom. Only thing to look forward to every week is booking out. But the sad thing is that we'll say to each other, "see you tomorrow night". Book out just to sleep one night at home, quite meaningless but nevertheless, every night counts.
Really learnt a lot in army, and I think I changed a lot, even I myself noticed that. No more "act cute" stuff and all the lame things, become more stern. And I really hate timings now. One second late one push-up. Still own my sergeant 180 push-ups cause the platoon late for 3 minutes. Then we were thinking, if late for one hour due to mis-communication, we are goners, lol.
Getting fitter as the days go by as well. So glad I'm able to get into commando. The people are better, more motivation and push from the instructors and a good way to keep fit. My OC said something true, but I interpreted it in another way, lol. He said, "Pain is weakness leaving the body." Quite true when applied to training. But in another way, when I punch you and you feel pain, you should thank me cause I help to make weakness leave your body, hahaha! So next time, just punch anyone you like =D
The instructors' talk sometimes like those outside motivational speakers, maybe they learned from them. But it is good to have them said again in front of our face every now and then, as a reminder. Need to have goals, visions, etc. My goal is to get IPPT gold at the end of BMT. Still a super long way to go, but I'll do my best. Greatest obstacle now, chin-up. At least I'm not a zero fighter( means do zero chin-up). Need to slowly improve and train harder.
Almost died due to heat exhaustion cause I tried to be chiongster. 4km route march, my water bag spoilt. I found out only when I wanted to drink water, then super thirsty. But I don't want to fall out, cause lose face as commando. So I told myself I want to complete without water, and it was in the hot afternoon. Whole body perspiring like mad, then at 3.6km my sergeant saw that I was about to faint. Then he helped me fix my water bag and I drank like there is no tomorrow. Thank God I didn't die. Told myself cannot put myself in reckless danger like this anymore. If not, I won't get to see all my loved ones again.
This is just the beginning, it'll get harder. So I must become tougher.