Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Countdown to NS: 3 days

This will be my last post before I go army, and probably one of the longest. It is sort of a speech that I want to say to my family and some important people in my life. Without any order of merit, here goes:

To my parents, Patrick and Lydia:

Thanks Dad and Mum for raising me up till today. Everything little thing that you've done in my life, I appreciate them all. I know that sometimes I'm not perfect, tend to be stubborn and not listen to your nuggets of wisdom; yet your tolerance of my obnoxious behavior proves to be greater than I could ever imagine. If I was born into another family, I would have probably suffered a terrible fate.

Dad, I still remembered the times when I was younger, we'll go cycling together and you'll bring me around the country, especially into town. Oh boy, how I love the town last time, it's like so mythical and fascinating, because I only get to go there once in a blue one. Now that I'm older, and going to town is so simple, the feeling somewhat faded away. But nevertheless, all these memories will be etched deep inside my mind. You are more of the pampering side, so inevitably I became closer to you than mum. But this should be quite normal. Like father like son. =)

Mum, you were the financial backbone of the family, having a higher pay and always the one giving pocket money to me. And because you were the stricter one, I grew to fear you. You can imagine how afraid I was every time test and exams were around the corner. It'll determine whether the cane will be used or not. And because I have a good memory, and an ever greater memory for things that hurt me a lot, I remembered at primary 3, march 2nd week, I got cane 26 times( nice number eh...) for failing my spelling test. That made me hated you for quite some time, until time healed my hurt. But like the Chinese saying, you hit because you love me.

And it really helped a lot in my studies, especially my love for math. Many say that because you're a math teacher, that's why my math is so good. But in reality, it is your never ending coaching and your patience. I mean, which parent will teach a primary 4 child algebra? Lol! I sure gave my teachers a shock back then. And before long, my fear of you turned into respect.

For those that seen my parents before, most of the comments are they are friendly, funny, good, etc. Only positive comments. I'm so glad that they are my parents. In the past, I used to wish I can be in a rich family, with wealthy parents, so that I can get everything I want. But now, totally no way! I love my parents for who they are, not what they can give me. So, I must be successful in life to repay for all their hard work in raising me up.

Love both of you a lots =)

To my older brother, Gilbert:

Daddy and mummy might not see my blog, but I know you do! =D

I want to thank you for all the fun times together, for taking care of me and always teaching me to discipline myself and study hard. You know, you were always a goal for me when I was younger. In almost everything, I wanted to win you, haha.

In studies, PSLE I lost, but I won in O levels. Now must wait till March to get A level results. =X

In sports, you win me hands down. Lol! I admit I'm not a sporty person.

In games, I think I win you in Dota, hahah! Too bad =P

In romance, obviously you win. And since I'm going to army, I'll let you know a secret. I peep at your handphone SMS when you were in secondary 3-4 and saw all the messages you and your girlfriend sent to each other. So mushy, lol! Haha don't kill me for it, next time I got girlfriend I also let you see. =)

You're the best brother I can ever have. Can't wait for you to get married and start your own family. I want to be an uncle! =D

To my younger brother, Glenn:

Lol, I think you are the only one capable of making me angry. So far all my friends never see me angry before. =X But you must really learn to be more mature. Primary 4 le still crying at trivial matters, haix...I also hope your studies will improve and do our family proud. Carry on the maths legacy of the Neo family! And you win me in romance also lo, primary 3 got girlfriend le. -.-.

Both my brothers win me in romance, GG hahahaha!

To my children church teacher, Andrew:

Just saw you in church last week, and you were surprised I grew up so fast right? Remembered the first time we met, I was only primary 6! Now going army soon already, lol. Thanks for all the visitations, I know it must be tiring. Many people thinks that being at such a young age, I will not remember all these. But that is so wrong. It is all these little actions that I've kept deep inside my heart. That's why, I believe that children at primary 6 are super important, their life and destiny could be set at that age. So glad to have you as my teacher, and I believe many other children will think so too. =)

To my first CG leader, Suzy:

E308! Haha, it was the first time I learned about commitment the hard way. Every Saturday have to travel to Kembagan on my own, and being the youngest in the CG, it was hard to connect with the rest of the people. I'm sorry for the times I isolated myself away from the CG, sorry for the times when I MIA-ed and off my hand phone just to escape from CG. And I was so afraid of praying last time, I would come with tons of excuses just not to go. I was not mature at that time. But I'm so glad I've changed so much. Thanks for all the patience, to give me bible study at NTU after service, to help me overcome my fear of basketball( yea I know it's kind of weird), and for teaching me so many values in life.

Remember you said you will treat me to buffet if I get into triple science course? Until now still haven't, thats for having good memory =X. But it's ok, I think it was to motivate me and it really worked! Haha thanks a lot =D

To my ex-CG leader, Sharon:

You've impacted me a lot and I am who I am today partly because of you. Thanks for all the discipleship and counseling. You are really like a mother to me, not just caring about my spiritual needs, but my physical needs too. Still remember you ask Ze Xian to bring me for a haircut and new makeover at marina square and I slowly changed my looks. I remembered I cried and kept saying "can don't, can don't, can don't" cause I was still suffering from low self esteem and image, lol!

And I love your house piano! That's where I first knew my calling, to become a church musician. I wanted to play it so much till the extent you have to ban me from the piano room, haha.

Will be praying for you to get attached soon too, and continue to serve God and his people, changing and impacting their lives.

To my CGL Edwin:

The best CGL I ever had, and the closest one I'm with too. Other than God and my parents, my whole life literally belongs to you. The shirts I wear, all my friends, the chance of playing guitar and keyboard, my studies, my spiritual life, the knowledge of places where I can buy food and go shopping, my values, the transformation of my life, so many things to list.

Thank you is too much of an understatement for all the things you've done for me. You're always encouraging me when I'm feeling down. You taught me how to communicate with other people, and put me to the test by making me a CGC. You allowed my talents to be used for the kingdom of God, so I played for WYZ inspire camp as a keyboardist and for CG as a guitarist. I know that our friendship will last even if the CG multiplies and I go to the other CG. So glad to have known you in my life, definitely a blessing from God.

Treasured all the times of fellowship, when we went gym together, swimming, studied together, played music together, watched soccer together( MANCHESTER UNITED!!!).

You will be my role model when I go army. Thanks for the encouragement, I was really afraid of going to commando. But you being a diver and still live to tell the tale, really speaks a lot. I too, will live to tell the tale =)

To the girl I love, (fill in the blanks):

It's been 3 years already and I still remembered the first day I met you. You were wearing a yellow ACS shirt with FBT shorts and had a blue plaster on your left leg, lol! Even thought I don't believe in love at first sight, but I know there is infatuation at first sight. When I first saw you, I was attracted to you already. I mean I don't know why, there were lots of other girls there but I was just attracted to you only. Pretty cool huh? Lol.

For the first time in my life, I knew the reason why sometimes guys like to show off. Because they want to impress the girls. So you became my motivation to wanting to do well in everything. I wanted to attract your attention, without letting you know that I secretly had a crush on you.

At first I thought it was just a crush, and crush usually don't last long. But it didn't go away. Instead, I wanted to know more about you. Even after 2 months, I still didn't know your name. It was only during a combined zone outing that I found out. And that's when I got to hear your name.

And if you see this post, what I'm about to say might shock you, and I hope you'll forgive me, for at that time, I didn't know it was wrong, until someone told me it was called stalking.

For the first time in my life, I used the power of technology and went to search for your blog. It's quite funny, I didn't really expect you to have one and it took like almost months, exactly 2 months to search for it. Imagine the joy I had when I finally found it! For the next few months, even till now, I've been reading your blog everyday. Even though sometimes there isn't any updates, it sort of became a habit already.

Every time I want to confess to you, I'm so scared of getting rejected. But after finding out you have no feelings for me, it wasn't so bad as it seems. (Didn't jump off the building or anything, lol!) Even so, I'll still be in love with you. I've already loved you for so long, it's almost impossible to forget about you. I guess the only way I'll give up is seeing you get attached to someone else. And in these 2 years, given the number of suitors you have, I think there is a high chance of you getting attached. All I can do, is pray that you'll find someone who loves you a lot, and can bring you happiness. All I ever wanted, is to see you being happy. Cause seeing you happy makes me happy too. =)

To my best clique, S&S:

Every single one of you made a difference in my life. I think I'm really fortunate to have friends like all of you, and our clique rocks! Imagine in the future, when we become leaders, be in it ministry or CG, wow that'll be so cool. Hahaha! =D

Hope our group will stay strong and nothing will separate all of us! =)

P.S: Thanks for the farewell meal today, I've really enjoyed myself. As the saying goes, with every ending comes a new beginning. So unto my new beginning, Army, here I come! And of course, with every goodbye comes a reunion. So lets meet up during Chinese New Year again! =D

To Chao Chung, Angel Lee and Rachel Yap:

We, the CGCs of W453, pledge ourselves to...

Lol! Act funny only, relax. Not going to say Singapore Pledge =P

So glad to be serving God together with all of you. Been through tough times together, fun times, crazy times, bimbo and himbo times (LOL!), sad times, most of the times, haha! Iron sharpens iron, and we learned from each other mistakes, helping one another to grow and become a better leader. So just want to thank all of you for being there for me. I'll definitely come out stronger after army. No more snail! =P

To my Connect Group, team 141(requested by Wendy):

It's my utmost privilege to be leading and serving all of you. Just like our name says, we are a whole big family. I've learned a lot from you guys as well. From the way I discipline, how I lead prayer meetings, how I give instructions, etc. I just hope that our group will grow stronger when I'm in army. Don't be afraid to step out and rise up! Surprise me when I come by for Chinese New Year ok? =)

To the rest of the people I didn't mention:

My brain juices almost used up already.

If you think you should be mentioned, go tag on the tagbox. Lol!

Finally I see the usefulness of the tagbox =X

Maybe before I go army, I can edit =D