This year's Christmas wasn't what as great as what I had in mind. Perhaps it is due to the high expectation that I already preconceived in my mind, that it being unfulfilled, led to this subtle disappointment. Partly because the bible said we should move on from glory to glory, but in my most sincere opinion, last year's Christmas was much better.
For example, I think the drama last year was more enjoyable and touching, possibly captivating enough for it to be stored in my limited memory space.
My family and I had Christmas dinner last year too, but due to various reasons from each of them, we had none this year.
Nevertheless, this year has been a terrific year for me! =)
Since I'm going for chalet on 31 dec to 2nd jan, this will probably be my last post. I'm going to follow the crowd and just do some reflections.
5 most memorable moments/things of the year:
1. Playing as a keyboardist for Inspire camp
2. Ushering for 10 sessions during Asia conference
3. Taking the Student Leader pledge in front of the whole school
4. Keeping a secret that only some people know
5. Being a 'home alone' for 2 weeks
5 most tramautic moments of the year:
1. Just today, Edwin squeezed salt on my ulcers with the good intention of curing it.
2. Getting blasted by the teacher-in charge during a camp. (In my school, blasted means getting scolded real bad, till you want to emo)
3. Oral presentation for project work. 40% weightage!!
4. Finding out I didn't get into my first choice for O level. But thank God I didn't, cause I love my school now. =)
5. I can't really think of any more, hahaha. Is this traumatic enough? =X
5 things that I want to do but didn't manage to do it:
1. Getting straight As for promos
2. Lose 5kg and become slim
3. Stop playing Dota and start studying
4. Buy lots of clothes so that WCWL will not keep 'suan-ing' me
5. Sleep at least 8 hours every day
Compared to 2007, 2008 is definitely a year of many breakthroughs. I broke out of my comfort zone and being to talk to strangers. I traveled around Singapore and been to many places that would have been commonplace for people to go there, but unnatural for me. I brought my friends to church, cause I'm not afraid of what they say about me now, unlike my secondary life, when I wasn't really a 'weekday' christian. Not saying that I did anything malevolent, but I didn't build any true friendships with anyone there, which I now regret.
I'm so satisfied with 2008 that I even hoped to live in 2008 forever, that time will just repeat itself again and again, like a treadmill. But I know, 2009 is going to be even greater.
2009 is going to be a year of trials for me. Studying for A level and going to church, taking care of my connect group, building stronger friendships with people, etc. But 'what doesn't kill you will make you stronger', so I believe I will emerge stronger! I'll just take it as a pre-training for NS.
The toughest thing to do now is the transition from the holidays to school days. I'm seriously used to sleeping late and waking up late for the whole holiday. If this continues, I will fall asleep during lectures and there goes my studies. Maybe I should buy some sleeping pills, lol.
Gonna collect my cheque for the survey I did last month tomorrow. Better go to bed soon.
Looking forward to thanksgiving party this wednesday! Feel so privileged to be part of the planning committe and being able to play the keyboard. Furthermore, it is going to be in my house so I'm gonna be the host!! Yea so cool! ^^
Edwin said I lead games like Gou Wei, then all of them laughed. Don't know why, but I just feel like I'm a hot target to have scandals with guys. Sound so wrong, lol. At least this will prevent me from being in a scandal with any girls, but certain things are inevitable.
2009 whether you are ready or not, here I come!!!
Astarmist