Friday, November 14, 2008

I don't know where I heard this sentence before, 'Be careful of what you wish for; you might get what you wished.' Now the sentence is becoming a reality in my life.

Firstly, I wished for a job. More than just wishing for it, I prayed for a job too. And I really got a job as a street surveyor. Initially, I thought it would be fun and simple. The impression of a street surveyor in my mind is totally different from what I am supposed to do in my job. I thought that street surveying means going to people in the street and asking them do fill up a survey form. But, it was totally opposite.

For my job, I had to ask the people to do retails survey form, which means asking customers coming out of a retail shop that I have been assigned by the company. I had to hide like a turtle in its shell and sneak around like a thief/ninja. I think more than 50 people rejected me. It was really demoralising, as I thought that the people would be kind enough to spare 5 minutes of their time. I guess I'm the only guy willing to take flyers from people and accepting to do survey for people. I thought that we should do unto others what we want others to do unto us? Why didn't those people want to do my survey? Maybe I'm just too unattractive. I'm reckon that if Jay Chou went to do the survey, I think he can complete 10000 forms in 1 hour.

And the worst part I hate about my job is, I have to lie. I hate hate hate hate hate lying!!!! The company tell me to tell the people that I'm doing a school project and to act blur, not to reveal anything about the company. I got caught by the staff and I lied to them. I told them I didn't know which company sent me. They threathened to capture me(I wonder how they are going to do that, maybe use poke ball?). Although it is not illegal, still, I don't want to do anything against my conscience, behaving like a stalker and stuff like that.

Anything for money, except for one condition. Clean toliets? No problem. Eat faeces? Pay me 1 million dollars first. Lie and behave like a stalker? Give me 1 googol dollars also don't want.

I still need to earn quite a sum for my building fund. God please bless me with a decent job. Waiter, flyers, toliet cleaner, data entry, camp instructor. Not stalker/PI.