I'm back from my camp, Woo! Exhausted? Yes. Muscle aches? Yes. Fun? Definitely!
Too many things to say about the camp already, so wont go into the details. Line stands for leadership, innovation, national education and enterprise. The campers involved were from primary schools and secondary schools from West 2 cluster. We(the J1) were their facilitators for the whole camp. Different facilitators have different roles, and I was the food attache. Had to prepare the meals for the campers-breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. It is the most tiring job as we had little chance to rest, or never. Have to wake up 5am everyday to prepare the breakfast, after breakfast have to clear the family spots and food point. By the time we clear up everything, lunch will have arrived and so on. Everything is very clockwork.
I love preparing the food and delivering them to the family spots and LN(Leader's network). Then the other food attaches and I often joked and chit chat with each other, making it a fun time. We didn't spend much time with our campers, but we treasured every minute spent with them very much. Every event,we make sure we give it our 100%.
Now I know my OGL felt when I was a camper during the orientation camp. I wasn't exactly very cooperative and didn't want to take part in the activities-like mass dance, water games, etc. Now, I have to be the one encouraging the campers. They were so cute, lol! During mass dance, they were like 'I don't want to hold the girls' hands!!', and they kept running around the hall. Very chaotic, and the teacher-in-charge, Mr.Chua, reprimanded us during the debriefs. Too bad I spent 90% of my time at the food point, and didn't have to chance to participate in the activities.
Basically, I have learnt a lot from the camp-Communication skills and leadership skills. There was this warmth and strong bond between the fellow facilitators and campers. Many tears were shed when we had to part. Everyone was like 'Can I stay for a while more?'
Mr.Chua said that the camp is successful only if the campers were reluctant to leave and they were grateful to us. We did it, so satisfying. Looking forward to CDAYL, which is 10000000 times more important that this camp. The school's reputation, like what Mr.Chua said, rest on CDAYL alone.
Facilitators, we can do it. Yeah! Rest well, drink lots of water and do all your homeworks. Left 3 days to do only, so must buck up. We will see each other soon when school reopens.
Words cant describe how much I miss all of you and the campers. Images just kept flashing in my mind, haha. I will never ever forget this camp. =)
I think I have a crush on a girl, ahh...