Quoted from the article:
Blogging, it seems, can be good for you. Research has long backed the therapeutic value of diary-keeping for teenage girls and boys. But according to a new study, when teenagers detail their woes on a blog, the therapeutic value is even greater. The study, published in the journal Psychological Services, found the engagement with an online community made it more effective in relieving the writer's social distress than a private diary would be.
Personally, I think it's very true cause I've experienced the acclaimed therapeutic value of blogging, from O levels to A levels and finally through NS. Sometimes I feel it is easier to type than to say it out, cause I am a person that doesn't like to trouble people with my problems. And thankfully, no one usually ask me "Is something wrong? Are you okay?" When dealing with problems, if I can solve it on my own, I will. If I really can't, then I will consult others who will be able to help me with my problems. Sometimes I just need to let it out of my heart, cause it's quite suppressing to keep it. And that's when blogging comes in =)
Especially during army, cause no one I know with their ability will be able to help me, unless they are some general or colonel, lol. Most of the things I have to go through on my own, suffered physically, mentally, socially, psychologically, emotionally, etc. Physically while doing all the tough training. Mentally while having to account for strength, my vehicle tools (had like 100 over tools and losing one of them means $), documents and admin work. Socially while being insulted, made fun of, criticized, mocked at, even to cyber bullying extent. That's the reason why I'm not a cyber-social person. Only got facebook and even on facebook, I don't share much. Last time write one status then got the people from my army camp make stupid comments and made fun of me online, lol. But I can't do anything about it, and I don't like to make enemies. So just tolerate and 'suck thumb'. But in the end, got one period cannot tolerate already, then posted on my facebook one status.
Would have made my 1 year 10 months in the army easier.
Anyway, enough of army stuff, now moving on the my current life. I'm having 2 part time jobs now and I think I'm becoming a workaholic, lol. I'm working not for the $$ but to pass time, cause it's really boring at home sometimes. And I rather work and earn $$ than to stay at home, slack and don't get paid.