Sunday, July 24, 2011

God is good all the time, in spite of prayers not being answered. Why is that so? Cause sometimes our prayers are not in the will of God, or God has another plan that will work out even better, or simply, God is sovereign. Many people, including Christians, fail to understand the last point. Imagine person A prayed for something reasonably realistic and reachable, say to pass for a maths test. Then when he fails, he blame God, blame teachers, blame school, education, etc. Blame everyone except for himself. I mean, think about it. If God has to answer every prayers at your whim and fancy, that will make us the gods instead and Him, our tool. So people complain God is bad when he don't answer prayers? Seems ridiculous to me. He can as a matter of fact, take away your life anytime He wants to. Then you won't have to complain and worry about anything anymore, if that's what you want.

Personally, I prayed for a marksmanship score of 32/40 for my combat shoot last Friday. I was quite hyped up and full of faith, kept confessing the verse about asking and you will receive. So I asked God for His blessing for accuracy. For the day shoot, we were told to get as high a score as possible cause night shoot will be very difficult. The results were out and I got 15/20 individually, team score of 17.5/20. My first reaction? Definitely disappointed cause it's a team effort and my other teammates got like 20, 17, 20, 20, 15, 13. All those who got 20 blamed us for pulling the average down and lessening the chance to get marksman. So I was feeling frustrated and guilty also. How come I didn't get 20? I prayed every single day the past week for this combat shoot and this happened. But after that, a voice spoke to me, 'don't lose hope, this is not the end. There is still the night shoot.' It was a mind battle. Part of me was like "C'mon, you can't even do well at day, and you think you'll do better at night? Dream on." Another part was like "With God, all things are possible."

So I continued believing and went for the night shoot. True enough, I got 17/20 for night shoot and a team average score of 14.5/20, even though someone in our team scored 4/20.( Yes it's that hard for some people) The rest of us did well, with score of 17,18,17,17,4,14. Our total score was exactly 32/40, just what I prayed for. I was like, wow. Slept in bunk with a smile that night, lol. Just need 7/8 for next Tuesday InAD shoot and $200 is mine! =)

But hypothetically, say if God didn't answer my prayer and I get less than 32/40, it still doesn't matter. He is sovereign, He can choose whether or not to answer my prayer. $200? Forget it. He will probably bless me more than that in the future.

Daniel 3:16-18

Shadrach, Meshack and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadenezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.

Indeed, even if the world caved in around me, even if I lose everything in life, I want to have the attitude of those three people. That God is still God no matter what happens in life. He is my Lord.

Days to ORD: 129