Just came back from Changi Airport with my Dad and my younger brother. We went to fetch our maid back from Phillippines; she was overseas for 3 weeks. Missed her cooking and all, but this shows I can survive without a maid, hahah.
Backtracking,
12/06/10:
The day of my POP and black beret presentation! Unlike BMT, we spent only 2 days to rehearse cause we were already familiar with all the commands and drills. Didn't have to carry field pack either so it wasn't so tiring. I've been wanting to wear a beret so badly but I realised that it's more troublesome than the jockey cap. Still it looks cool =)
Then I went to watch karate kid with my CG and Rae's CG at marina square. Unbelivably, it's the first movie I'm watching ever since I got enlisted into the army. It's a pretty cool movie, despite the low ratings of 2/5 stars. Makes me want to learn karate too, hahaha.
This whole week was much better, cause we're treated as privates now and not trainees. Of course, pumping is still inevitable and ocassionally we still knock it down for our mistakes or slow movement.
Enemies are inevitable too, and I got a couple of them already. Basically, we can't please everyone. Even Jesus has enemies; the pharisees and scribes. Since we can't please everyone, we must learn to find the right kind of people to please, and there will always be people who will like you/hate you for your actions. So even though I have enemies, I also have great friends in my platoon. By the grace of God, I didn't retaliate when my enemies make all those negative comments. I just ignored them and allowed them to say all that want. The more they want to invoke a reaction in me, the more I will just withdraw and do nothing. Hahahahahah!!! So in the end, my patience only increases and now I'm totally not affected by whatever they say =)
And it's quite a fun thing actually, the art of avoiding and ignoring. No wonders girls like to avoid the guys they don't like, can sort of understand now, lol.
19/06/10:
Went to padang to help out with NDP cause our unit is in charge of it this year. So for the next 7 weeks, my saturdays are gone =(. But at least we get off on Mondays. Our company job is to usher the people to their seats and take care of traffic and buses coming in. Hopefully can get to work with the student volunteers, hahahah. One of my platoon mates got an instant crush on this girl student volunteer, that he went to get her telephone number from the HQ and printed a photo of her, lol! But she is really cute, can't blame him either. Hope I can get to meet her in person =X