Just thought I'll update this blog again before the number of events from the last time I posted till now becomes overwhelming.
Think the most impactful event so far is my trip to Japan. Because of this trip, and I believe it is God-planned, now I know where my direction and vision is, and my life has become so much brighter and meaningful to me compared to the first half of the year. Not to mention how bad the first half of the year has been for me, with all that stuff that happened. Now I wake up each day anticipating and looking forward to the future; I can't wait for the next 10 years of my life! And it's true that whatever your mind is focused on, you strengthen it. I can't believe how many windows of opportunities God has opened to me, it's truly amazing.
Looking forward to going Japan for my exchange internship, for my holidays, for my work in the future, and for my future wife. (God I confess I want a Japanese wife! Hahahahah!) My Dad and I have the same dream, which is to travel the whole of Japan in our life time. I hope I can fulfill his dream, because he is of age and I'm afraid he won't be able to travel in the coming years due to his health problems. So we promised each other to travel to Japan together once a year, starting from next year onwards, as long as everything goes well with our financial planning and it is within our budget.
And due to this new founded passion, suddenly I got so much motivation in my studies, and in participating in anything that will help boost my CV to work in a Japanese Company in the future. I joined the events committee for my school's Japanese Appreciation Club, got an internship with a Japan-based company, enrolled in Bunka Language School to learn Japanese to get a certificate for Japanese Language. And I'm also signing up for career talks, workshops, etc to get more educated in my career planning, something that I would not have done in the past. I used to hate being busy and would rather spend my time chilling and relaxing but now, I will try to find all means to make full use and optimize my time. I can't believe I totally stopped gaming for the past 3 months, and I even uninstall all my games from my computer. I've been a gamer since secondary 2 and been addicted to gaming since then. Maybe I should write a book on my journey of being a hardcore gamer, and breaking the addiction of gaming, hahahah. Could help lots of youth around the world.
In my free time, I would rather spend it studying, doing my assignments and projects, or learning Japanese on my own. Hanging out with friends used to be in that list too, but sadly, I guess some friendships aren't what I thought they would be. I've always been skeptical about relationships, no matter what kind they are, and how inconsistent and illogical they are. Not to mention all my past experiences of relationships. It has become increasingly difficult for me to trust others. Somehow, "you reap what you sow" doesn't apply in relationships.
You can invest so much time in a person, but at the end of the day, the relationship just drifts further and further without the person even noticing it. "Busy-ness is the number one killer of relationships". I have no idea how many times I've heard the phrase "Sorry, I'm busy" for the past few months. To me, in essence, what the person is trying to say is "Sorry, all my other things that I've got to do is more important than you. My other friends are more important than you. My work/studies is more important than you. Feeding my pet dog is more important than you. Watching 'Powerpuff Girls' is more important than you." Blah Blah Blah. The list never ends. Seemingly, every other thing is more important to them...than you.
If you want to compare busy-ness, I'm definitely sure I can be busy 24/7 of the day. It's all about sacrificing that amount of time, and it shows how much value you place in the relationship. It is not the issue of being busy, it is really the issue of prioritizing, and also optimization of your time.
I guess I'm no longer young anymore, and I've got to optimize whatever time that I have got on my hands. It's kinda sad how some people, especially your friends, optimize their time in a different way once their circumstances change. I think somewhere down the line, I've given up already. Sometimes I don't even want to try asking anymore, cause I know what the reply will be anyway. "Sorry, I'm busy".
Relationships are like stocks. There are some stocks that are worth investing => will generate returns, and there are some stocks that aren't worth investing =>You will lose the capital and maybe even generate losses. The most important thing is to know the right stocks to invest in.
Stop investing in the wrong stocks, because they will never yield a return.
Maybe I'm not a good stock to invest in, that will explain everything then. It's fine by me anyway, I don't lose out on anything. I got so many other better things to do in my life.