Really blessed by what Pst.Phil shared on Tuesday. God's word is truly like a mirror.
"How God sees us isn't how other sees us, or even how we see ourselves."
I think I have been influenced by others (and myself too) to brand myself with so many negative labels. Was pondering on this thought. If our brain controls our actions and everything in our body, what controls the brain? How come I think the way I think? There is something else controlling the brain, and it's the mind. A lot of people group both the mind and brain as the same thing but they are actually different. The brain is essentially an organ, while the mind is what I would like to call 'the thinking center'. Where all the thoughts come from. And it's funny how you can influence yourself. Like literally brainwash yourself for your own good. You can control your own thought life and it's important to do so, because thoughts are like trains which will lead you to your destinations, whatever those thoughts are.
Pst.Phil said to flee away from negative people the moment you encounter them, cause they will slowly destroy your life. It's ironic cause I've been so negative these few months and now I will have to flee from myself? Lol. I don't like to be negative, just that I can't help it sometimes when I think of everything that has happened to me. The key to overcoming this is to give thanks for everything, even in the midst of bad things, there is always something to give thanks for.
I missed myself being positive, being happy easily, laughing easily, carefree, etc. It's not that I don't want to be, but it feels so unnatural to do so now. It's like a fish that initially swims in freshwater, then got transferred to seawater, and if you now transfer it back to freshwater again, it won't be able to adapt back or feel out of place. At least it will take a period of time.
So I should start slowly. Start with my thoughts first. Start with how I look at myself. Understand how God looks at me. He sees me as His child, fearfully and wonderfully made. If God says so about me, who am I to say that I'm ugly, not well-liked, a recluse, etc. I just need to filter out what others and I have to say about myself, and just listen to what God has to say.
I still believe that people are more attracted to light than darkness. Even most non-believers know how to think positively and do good works. What more I, a believer and a child of God?
I don't want to be like the people of the world, I want to be in light, not darkness. To be in a land of light, with positive and 'light-seeking' minded people.